XXVIII: Unit-Level Conduct Committee
From BSC Policy
- 1. To hear cases where the manager team or a unit council may be found in violation of the Conduct Code.
XXVIII.B. Composition of the Committee
- 1. A Senior Manager or Central Level Liaison (appointed by the ED)
- 2. One Cabinet Member and One non-cabinet Board Member (appointed by the President)
- 1. The House Manager, House President, and any other members or managers directly involved in the case will be notified of the proceedings at least three (3) days in advance.
- 2. No individual who is neither a voting member of the committee nor directly involved in the case may attend the review hearing. If the unit council is implicated in the case, then the unit shall be represented by their manager team.
- 3. One of the Student Executives shall serve as Chair.
- 4. The Staff Liaison and Senior Manager shall put together a packet that includes: a summary of the timeline of events and all supporting documentation relevant to the hearing.
- 5. The Chair shall designate a specific amount of time for opening and closing statement, questions, and deliberation. The time allotted to both parties for opening and closing statements must be the same.
- 6. The Liaison will report the decision made by the Committee to the relevant members and managers. The Senior Executive will report the (anonymized) decision at the next Cabinet meeting.
- 1. The affected Unit may appeal a decision made by the Unit Conduct Committee.
- 2. An appeal must be submitted within five (5) days to the BSC President as a written document outlining the grounds for appeal and the decision that the appellant would like the appeals body to take.
- 3. Acceptable grounds for appeal consist of:
- a. Gross misapplication of policy.
- b. Procedural error that materially affected the outcome of the original hearing.
- c. New evidence that could not have been presented at the time of the original hearing.
- 4. The appellate body shall consist of:
- a. A Senior Manager who was not part of the original hearing (appointed by the ED)
- b. One Cabinet Member and One non-cabinet Board Member who were not part of the original hearing (appointed by the President)
- e. The procedure for appeals shall follow the same format as that of the original hearing.
- f. All decisions made by the appeals body are final.
- g. Filing an appeal does not stay the initial decision by the Unit Conduct Committee.