Accounts Receivable Bookkeeper
The Accounts Receivable Bookkeeper oversees the entire accounts receivable operation of the co-op. These duties include handling all member accounts from rent charges, late fees, housebills, parking fees, compensations, and payment arrangements. They supervise central-level workshifters and are responsible for the work flow in Accounts Receivable.
Job Maintenance Tasks:
- 1. Process charges, check-in/check-out slips, late fines, parking charges, housebills, and compensations.
- 2. Process and balance daily cash drawers and bank deposits.
- 3. Process deposit refunds.
- 4. Balance monthly reports to General Ledger for deposits, GA, RV, and FWV accounts.
- 5. Generate statements, negotiate payment arrangements with current members, and monitor bad debts.
- 6. Track data on delinquent accounts and assist with processing terminations for non-payment.
- 7. Supervise central level workshifters.
- 8. Cross train with Accounts Payable Bookkeeper functions for coverage.
- 9. Assist with the annual audit process and other finance projects, as needed.
- 10. Other duties as assigned by the Bookkeeping/Office Supervisor.
Relationship with Board/Membership:
- 1. Answer questions from house level managers regarding compensations and housebills.
- 2. Keep relevant statistics and provide reports to Board or management as necessary.
Skills/Knowledge Required for Job Performance:
- 1. Working knowledge of Accounts Receivable and Accounts Payable Bookkeeping.
- 2. Excellent office and record keeping skills.
- 3. Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication and customer service skills.
- 4. Fast and accurate on 10-key calculator.
- 5. Type 60 wpm.
- 6. Ability to work in fast-paced office environment.
- 7. Supervisory experience/ability.
- 8. Intermediate skill using Microsoft Office suite and advanced skill using Excel.
- 9. Ability to quickly learn and effectively use new accounting databases.
- 10. Ability to work independently, establish priorities and ensure timely project completion.
- 11. Desire and ability to work in a student-run, democratic, cooperative organization.
- 12. Demonstrated evidence of commitment to diversity and equity.
Entry Level Experience/Education Required:
- 1. Four years college.
- 2. Two years bookkeeping experience, including supervisory experience.
Additional Requirements: Work is performed in a normal office environment and requires the ability to operate a computer keyboard, 10-key calculator, and engage in repetitive motions.
Term of Job: Indefinite
Expected Hours per Week: Full Time, Non-Exempt
Basic Pay Rate: Hourly, Level 9 through 15
Hired by: Staff Hiring Committee
Immediate Supervisor: Bookkeeping Supervisor
Contract: BSC EA
Revised: Spring 2015