- ERT UPDATES & REMINDERS
- We Are Hiring!
- BSC Owner's Manual Spotlight
- Celebrating Disability Awareness in October!
- Fall 2021 House Account Budget Report (HABR) as of October 8, 2021
- All BSC members and graduates are encouraged to join our LinkedIn Group!
- CENTRAL OFFICE
ERT UPDATES & REMINDERS
WRITTEN BY EMERGENCY RESPONSE TEAM (ERT)
We would like to share some important COVID-related information and reminders regarding the Fall term.
- Because the BSC is classified as a “congregate living facility”, the public health orders for us may be different from what you see on social media or the news.
- You are not considered fully vaccinated until two weeks after your final dose
- As of this week, UC Berkeley has reported 3 confirmed COVID-19 cases
- The BSC currently has 1 confirmed COVID-19 case
- We strongly encourage BSC members to test if exposed or presenting with symptoms related to COVID-19. We are encouraging testing to mitigate the risk of transmission within the household. We want to make sure that we take precautions for the health and safety of our fellow community members.
- UC Berkeley offers free surveillance testing for registered UC Berkeley students at the RSF. In order to get tested, you have to schedule an appointment through the etang portal. Follow this link for Instructions for scheduling appointments.
- Follow this link for Free COVID-19 testing resources.
- The BSC urges all members to get vaccinated, if they can. We do not require vaccination, nor will staff or managers collect private medical information from members or their guests.
We Are Hiring!
WRITTEN BY TOMI CHUNG (Hiring Committee Chair)
Looking for a job that works with your busy student schedule? Want to get paid $18.00/hr and gain valuable work experience? Look no further! The BSC has you covered! We have a variety of jobs for Fall 2021. Positions will remain open until filled. Details can be found at hicom.bsc.coop. Questions? Please email Tomi Chung, the Hiring Committee Chair, at email@example.com.
Fall 2021 Positions:
- Conduct Committee Member
- consent working group member**
- Delivery Coordinator**
- Member Resources Assistant**
- Network Manager coordinator**
- Non-Perishables Coordinator**
- Produce Coordinator**
- Recruitment Assistant**
- Social Manager Coordinator
** Urgently Hiring
BSC Owner's Manual Spotlight
WRITTEN BY NOAH COMPO (Member Resources Manager)
Want to know more about how the BSC operates? We've got you covered! As a member-led and member-driven cooperative, genuine member empowerment at the BSC relies on a shared understanding about how collective decisions are made and how members can access resources. As the saying goes, "Knowledge is power." We want all members to be knowledgeable about how the BSC operates so YOU can harness the power you share together. To support members' ongoing learning process and engagement with our cooperative systems, we will be regularly sharing excerpts from the BSC Owner's Manual.
Celebrating Disability Awareness in October!
WRITTEN BY JOSH LAVINE (Cooperative Experience Consultant)
Check out some of the October events below, in order to connect with the community, become empowered, and practice self-care.
Celebrate the Presence, Contributions, and Stories of Change Makers with Disabilities in October!
The Disability Cultural Community Center (DCC) is thrilled to share several upcoming events and opportunities with the community as we strive to celebrate Disability Awareness Month by boldly reimagining disability inclusion together. We invite you to celebrate the contributions of disabled change makers and continue to reflect and reimagine the disability community and movements! The DCC, the Disability Awareness Planning Committee, and campus partners will be hosting a combination of in-person and virtual activities every Wednesday in October. Join in the excitement by getting involved with:
- Our social media initiative with UC Berkeley’s DSP TRIO Instagram account (virtual)
- Visit our table on Sproul to win prizes and connect with folks (in-person on October 13 from 9:00 AM-12:00 PM)
- Join in on a conversation discussing access and inclusion of women with disabilities working in the STEM landscape as they “keep it real” (via Zoom on October 20 from 12:00-1:00 PM)
- Take a break with a breathwork session (via Zoom on October 27 from 5:00-6:00 PM)
For details and Zoom links, refer to the 2021 Disability Awareness Month Flyer; the QR code on the flyer will also bring folks to a shared Google folder with links and bios of presenters.
*Access Note* The Disability Cultural Community Center is a space designed to center the experiences of individuals with disabilities. Therefore, we strive to maximize equity and inclusion in all events and activities. Real-time captioning will be available. Please contact us if there are any additional accommodations to facilitate your participation and access. Please direct any questions, comments, or requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall 2021 House Account Budget Report (HABR) as of October 8, 2021
WRITTEN BY KATIE ALDUCIN (Accounts Payable Specialist)
Happy Spooky Season Co-Opers!
Attached is the House Account Budget Report for the Fall Semester.
Please open, and take a look at both the Summary and Detail reports. The Summary provides an overview of your house's finances and accounts, while the Detail gives you your transaction history. You can find your apartment/house tab along the bottom to view your unit's report.
If you need any clarification or are interested to learn more about your house's finances please don't hesitate to reach out: email@example.com.
All BSC members and graduates are encouraged to join our LinkedIn Group!
- Find out about jobs and opportunities
- Ask alumni to review your resume and more
2424 Ridge Road, Berkeley, CA 94709
(In front of Casa Zimbabwe)
Central Office: (510) 848-1936
Central Food & Supplies: (510) 549-5969
Central Maintenance: (510) 549-5965
Business Hours: Monday-Friday 10AM-5PM