BSC Scholarship Application Open Now!
Through the generous contributions of co-op alumni, the BSC is able to offer several scholarships and grants every semester. To be eligible for a scholarship or grant, you must be a BSC member now and next semester *Boarders are eligible as full co-op members to receive scholarships; instead of 1/3 of a room & board payment they will receive 1/3 of a board payment.*
This application is due November 4, 2011 at 5pm.
The following scholarships and grants are available through the Alumni Program and will be credited to recipients’ accounts:
- The Alumni Association Grants (equal to 1/3 room & board) are awarded on the basis of need and special circumstances. Multiple grants are awarded each semester.
- The Bogie Bogart Bear Bucks-In-Aid (equal to 1/3 room & board) are made to juniors and seniors who demonstrate financial need. Multiple grants are awarded each semester.
- The Harper Puziss Scholarship (equal to 1/3 room & board) is awarded to a UCB student mostly on the basis of coop involvement, then academic achievement, and finally on financial need.
- The Brooke-Harrington Memorial Scholarships (variable amounts) are awarded primarily on the basis of involvement in the co-ops with some attention paid to financial need.
- The Brunetta Reid Wolfman Grant (equal to 1/3 room & board) is awarded to a woman of color on the basis of need, residing in Hoyt or Sherman.
- The Belva Brink Memorial Scholarship (variable amounts) is awarded to a co-oper who shows a record of outstanding service to the BSC and demonstrates substantial financial need.
- The Judy Gilmore Scholarship (equal to 1/3 room & board) is awarded to a woman residing in Hoyt with financial need and academic excellence.
- The June Walton Tichinin Memorial Grant (equal to 1/3 room & board) is awarded to a woman with financial need who exhibits potential for leadership.
*The BSC Scholarship Committee (made up of students and alumni) reserves the right to change the amounts awarded as they deem necessary during the awards process*