I.A.8. NON-EXECUTIVE CABINET MEMBER
Non-executive Cabinet (NECMs) members act as voting members at Cabinet meetings, coordinate a year-long dinner series, facilitate in the creation of supplemental documents and resources for Board, provide support for other Cabinet members as needed, and act as a resource to BSC members and Directors. 2 serving Directors will be elected to Cabinet by the Board of Directors in the spring before their term. NECMs are expected to make fair, judicious, and reasoned decisions in all voting matters. The term of office of NECMs shall be from 12:00 a.m. on the first day of the Fall contract period following their election. They shall leave office at 11:59 p.m. on the final day of the subsequent Spring contract period.
- 1. Attend regular meetings of Cabinet.
- 2. Familiarize oneself with BSC Bylaws, Articles of Incorporation, and policies.
- 3. Coordinate a year-long dinner series.
- a. Publicize dinners at different BSC properties throughout the semester.
- b. Ensure that members of the Cabinet and the Board attend NECM dinners.
- c. Use dinners as a member resource where members can learn about central-level projects.
- 4. Attend new member orientations in order to educate new members about the Board of Directors.
- 5. Facilitate in the creation of supplemental resources for Directors to utilize when educating their membership. (ex: a weekly newsletter, “What is Board?” Pamphlets, etc.)
- 6. Make themselves available as a resource to BSC members, Directors, and other Cabinet members.
- 7. Additional duties may be assigned by Cabinet.
Term of position: Academic Year
Hired by: Board election
Eligibility: Only sitting Directors are eligible to serve as non-executive Cabinet members.
Expected Hours/Week: 10
Compensation: Stipend equal to 33% of room and board rate.